Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Help for australian's in financial strife

clipped from www.choice.com.au

If you’re having trouble making ends meet or you’re in financial hardship, check out these services.

If you’re having difficulty paying your bill, contact your retailer, who can usually offer flexible repayments. You may also be eligible for government assistance. For more information and contacts, visit www.choiceswitch.com.au contact your local fair trading/consumer affairs office.

You can apply to the Australian Taxation Office to delay payment of your tax debt or even relief from part or all of your tax debt if you are in serious hardship; see www.ato.gov.au or call 13 11 42.

No-interest loan scheme
organisations across Australia offering interest-free loans
to people on a health care or pension card who are genuinely low-income earners
loans are typically between $800 and $1200 for essential household goods and medical
See www.goodshepvic.org.au/microfinance.
Early release of super
about to lose your house
access to some
or all of your superannuation money – see www.apra.gov.au.
 blog it

No comments: