Friday, April 25, 2008

learning theory

clipped from www.infed.org

learning theory


picture - carl rogers public domain - wikipedia commons
I
want to talk about
learning. But not the lifeless,
sterile, futile, quickly forgotten stuff that is crammed in to the mind of the
poor helpless individual tied into his seat by ironclad bonds  of
conformity! I am talking about
LEARNING - the insatiable
curiosity that drives the adolescent boy to absorb everything he can see or hear
or read about gasoline engines in order to improve the efficiency and speed of
his 'cruiser'. I am talking about the student who says, "I am discovering,
drawing in from the outside, and making that which is drawn in a real part of

me
." I am talking about any learning in which the experience of the
learner progresses along this line: "No, no, that's not what I want"; "Wait!
This is closer to what I am interested in, what I need"; "Ah, here it is! Now
I'm grasping and comprehending what I
need and what I
want to know!"
Carl Rogers 1983: 18-19

Four orientations to learning
Behaviourist

Cognitivist

Humanist

Social and situational

 blog it

No comments: