Friday, January 9, 2009

a poms xmas in Australia

Travel blog: Sundrenched with an adopted Australian family on Coogee Beach – travelbite.co.uk
Christmas is usually a time for shop windows filled with fake snow and decorations, a time for warm drinks sipped in heated rooms and a time for thick jumpers and woolen hats.

Flip the world on its axis and it is anything but.

Touching down in Sydney on December 21st, I was just in time for an Aussie Christmas and my first away from the UK – not to mention my family and friends.

Having booked into a hostel two minutes walk away from the famous Bondi Beach I was ready for my sunny Christmas to begin. There was no shortage of travellers making their way to Sydney for the festive period and during the run-up to Christmas a party atmosphere was slowly building.

No comments: